Synder is a solution designed to be simple so that even a small business owner (not being an expert in the accounting or tech fields) could easily use it. But this simplicity is only the top of the pyramid. The system is a powerful accounting solution for professionals in the sphere, that may be used for multiple clients, to automate e-commerce and SaaS accounting and data entry to Synder Accounting, QuickBooks or Xero, as well as adjust to practically any accounting flow.
In this article, you will learn how to avoid duplicates if you use BigCommerce with Synder.
BigCommerce’s integration when no other payment processors are connected
For Synder to be able to see BigCommerce orders created manually or paid via payment processors that are not connected to Synder yet, we create Order and Order Refund additional tabs at the settings page automatically by default. Please, make sure you have them set up:
1) Go to the Settings tab on the left menu in Synder → hit Configure for BigCommerce → make sure you have Order and Order Refund additional settings created;
2) If you don’t have additional settings set up (basically, they should be automatically created once you connect BigCommerce), click on Create additional settings and select Order and Order Refund;
3) Make sure you have the same ”BigCommerce” clearing account (for Synder accounting and QuickBooks Desktop accounting platforms) or “BigCommerce (required for Synder)” clearing account (for QuickBooks Online and Xero accounting platforms) selected under the Default, Order and Order Refund tabs for Sales and Fees;
4) Hit the Update button to save the changes.
Check whether the same “BigCommerce”/”BigCommerce (required for Synder)” clearing accounts are selected under the Default, Order and Order Refunds tabs for Sales and Fees:
Once you have done so, proceed with the import of data (hit the Import Historical Data button in the top right corner of the Platform transactions tab). After the import, you should be able to see all the BigCommerce orders in Synder available for syncing.
BigCommerce’s integration when its payment processors are connected
If you use a payment processor that has a direct integration with Synder (Stripe, PayPal, and many others) to pay for BigCommerce orders, connect it to Synder:
- Go back to the Settings and click on Configure under BigCommerce and delete/make sure no Order and Order Refund additional settings are set up.
- Go to the Settings tab on the left menu in Synder and hit Add payment platform;
- Select the payment processor you use to pay for BigCommerce orders (Stripe, PayPal, etc.) and connect it to Synder;
- Note: It will help you prevent duplicate data in your books.
Once you have done so, proceed with the import of data from your payment processor (Stripe, PayPal, etc.)
Get in touch with the Synder team via online chat, phone, or email with any questions you might have – we’re always happy to help you!