When you have PayPal QuickBooks Online integration connected, you can start customizing your settings. To access your PayPal settings select the organization needed at the top right of the page – – > Settings button on the left menu of the app – – > click on the Configure button.
1. General settings
- Synchronize Automatically – when “ON”, the system will automatically synchronize transactions that come into the app after the setting has been enabled. When “OFF”, you can manually choose transactions to be synced.
Learn more about the auto-sync Synder mode. You can also turn in the manual mode.
- Skip synchronization for duplicated transactions – when “ON”, transactions that already exist in your QuickBooks Online company will not be synced again.
- Apply payments to unpaid Invoice/Bill transactions – when “ON”, once the system encounters a payment that matches an unpaid invoice, it will be automatically applied to it.
- Skip synchronization for transactions in a foreign currency – when “ON”, the system will synchronize transactions in your home currency only. Synchronization of transactions in other currencies will be skipped.
- Shipping item name – This setting is needed in case the default configuration is not working and if your invoicing system gives an item name to the shipping. Type in the item name used by your invoicing system here in order for it to appear in shipping line in your QuickBooks Online, rather than being accounted for as a normal item.
- Apply location – when “ON” you can select a location from the ones you have in your QuickBooks Online to sync your transactions with those selected in the drop-down menu.
2. Sales settings
Check out the Synder setup guide where you can find our recommended way of a setup.
- Bank account – a buffer account that QuickBooks sales receipts, refund receipts and payments will be deposited into. In case you do not have an account with “PayPal” in its name, it will be auto-created in your Chart of Accounts.
- Enable QuickBooks Doc Numbers – by enabling this configuration your transactions will follow the standard QuickBooks Doc Number sequence.
- Apply default customer – when “ON”, it assigns a default customer name to all of your transactions. Click on to select a name. Choose from existing ones or type in a custom name.
- Payment Method – choose a payment method (cash, check, credit card, PayPal) that will be set for QuickBooks sales receipts, refund receipts, payments and expenses.
3. Products and Services tab
This setting tab is targeted at new products and services which are created during the synchronization. Product/service type can only be non-inventory or service, because when Synder creates a new product, it does not have access to its Quantity on hand. Existing inventory products will be properly updated.
The income account specified here will be used for creating new products and services only.
Use “Create additional settings” option only in case you would like to categorize different types of transactions. We recommend to use the same Bank account for Sales, Fees and Expenses.
- Generic product – when “ON”, it assigns a generic product name to all of your transactions instead of sending over each product on sales transaction individually.
- Product/Service type – choose between Non-inventory or Service. This will be used for creating products and services which do not exist in your accounting company.
- Product mapping – Synder is able to identify existing products in your accounting company and apply them to transactions. If product names in your payment system and accounting company don’t match 100%, fill in the product names from your payment platform in the right field to map it to product names from your QuickBooks in the left field. Check out an additional guide about product mapping feature.
- Product Income account – choose an account that will be used for creating new products and services which do not exist in your accounting company during the synchronization.
- Default Product – choose or type in a name to be used if there is no product name to be found in your transaction.
4. Taxes tab settings
- Apply taxes – when “ON”, the system will search for a matching tax code. In case the system cannot find it, a tax amount will be included in the total sum.
- Sales Tax settings. Default tax code – choose a tax code name the app will use for all Sales transactions marked as “taxable” in your payment system without changing the tax amount in these transactions.
- Sales tax settings. Zero-rated tax code – choose a zero-rated tax code the app will apply to every item (line)/shipping line which doesn’t contain any other tax rate in the original transaction.
- Sales tax settings. Apply generic tax code – when “ON”, the app will apply the tax rate you specify in the settings to both taxable and non-taxable Sales transaction you sync with the app.
- Expense tax settings. Default tax code – choose a tax code name the app will use for all Sales transactions marked as “taxable” in your payment system without changing the tax amount in these transactions.
- Expense tax settings. Zero-rated tax code – when “ON”, the app will apply the tax rate you specify in the settings to both taxable and non-taxable Expense transaction you sync with the app.
- Expense tax settings. Apply generic tax code – when “ON”, the app will apply the tax rate you specify in the settings to both taxable and non-taxable Sales transaction you sync with the app.
*This screen will be slightly different for US and Non-US companies. Check out more how sales tax work in Synder.
5. Fees tab settings
- Bank account – this setting specifies the bank to which the PayPal fees are applied. We recommend to use the same account as in Sales – Bank.
- Vendor – the app will use this QuickBooks Vendor to store your PayPal fees. Select available, or type in a custom one.
- Category – this setting specifies the category to which the PayPal fees are applied.
- Bank account – this setting specifies the Bank account that the expenses are attributed to. We recommend to use the same account as in Sales – Bank.
- Generic Vendor – when “ON”, it assigns a default vendor name to all of the vendors, instead of creating a new one for each transaction. Choose from existing ones or type in a custom vendor name and press enter.
- Category – this setting specifies the category that the expenses are attributed to.
This tab allows you to track Payouts that Stripe deposits to your checking account. The app will record them in QuickBooks, allowing for a simple matching of your actual deposits from Stripe to payments that you have received in Stripe and synced using the app.
- Process payouts – when “ON”, the app will track and create deposit receipts reflecting Stripe payouts to your checking account.
- Transfer Funds To – Choose the checking account that you deposit the funds from Stripe to.
You can find how to customize Multiple Currencies here in the Multicurrency tab. Find how to enable multicurrency in QuickBooks.
Do you have any questions? We would love to hear from you. Send an email to the address specified in the footer of this page.