The emergence of digital payments has created opportunities for businesses to monetize services and sell products directly to customers. PayPal is a leading digital payment platform that facilitates online payments. With PayPal for Business, business owners can not only accept payments from customers but also manage the entire operation from a single dashboard.
The PayPal for Business account provides you with everything you need to process payments and manage your cash flow efficiently. In this article, we explore how PayPal for Business works and its features as a payment processing solution for businesses.
Keep on reading to learn more about:
1. What is PayPal for Business?
2. How does PayPal for Business work?
3. Benefits of PayPal for Business
5. How To Process Payments using PayPal for Business?
6. Bottom line
What is PayPal for Business?
PayPal for Business is a payment processing solution aimed at businesses of all sizes and industries. The service lets companies accept payments online and integrate with other business software. With PayPal for Business, you can accept payments with a PayPal payment button, PayPal as an option during checkout, or a virtual payment address. You can also process refunds, manage pending payments, print invoices, monitor your business metrics, and get insights into customer behavior. While many people associate PayPal with the peer-to-peer model, the company has been successful in the business space by offering solutions that simplify the process of accepting payments, managing fees, and managing the entire payment lifecycle.
How does PayPal for Business work?
To accept payments using PayPal for Business, you need to create a Business account. The account is similar to a personal account, but with some limitations. Once you create an account, you’ll be able to add a business profile and customize your payment buttons. You can also configure your account settings to change your pricing, shipping, and tax policies.
There are some differences between a personal account and a business account. As a business account holder, you have the option to create a gift card that you can use to send money to friends, family, or anyone. Business account holders also have access to more advanced reporting and business analytics.
Benefits of PayPal for Business
PayPal for business can be beneficial in many ways, including:
Payment processing – To start accepting online payments with PayPal for Business, you’ll need to sign up for the service and add a payment button to your website or checkout page. You can choose between payment buttons that customers click to initiate payment or “Buy Now” buttons to which they can add items to their shopping carts.
Payment account setup – To receive payments, you need to open a business account. You can open a new account by visiting the PayPal for Business website. If you already have a personal account, you can upgrade it to a business account.
Payment security – PayPal provides its users with protection against fraudulent payments. As a business owner, you should know that PayPal offers purchase protection on the goods you sell. This protection applies to digital goods and items that cost less than $250.
Payment flexibility – PayPal offers you the flexibility to add other payment methods to your business. You can accept payments from debit cards, credit cards, and even cryptocurrencies.
Limitations of the service
However, the service features several limitations that you might want to know about:
- Max transaction size – PayPal for Business is an excellent solution for businesses that process less than $10 million in annual transactions. If your company processes more than this, you’ll need to contact the company to discuss your specific needs.
- Invoice tracking – If your business issues invoices, you won’t be able to track them using the PayPal for Business platform. There is no option to add an invoice to a PayPal payment.
- Data collection – If your business collects data from customers (age, gender, location, etc.), you won’t be able to send that data to PayPal for Business.
How To Process Payments using PayPal for Business?
If you’ve decided to use PayPal for Business for your online business, you’ll need to set up your account. If you already have an account, you can skip this part and move on to payment setup. If you don’t have an account yet, you can set one up by following these steps:
- First, visit the PayPal for Business website and click “Sign Up Now”.
- You’ll be redirected to the “Create Your Business Account” page. Select your industry and click “Create Account”.
- On the next page, enter the required information and click “Create Account”.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email and be able to log in to your account.
- Once logged in, click “Payments” and “Get Started”.
- Select your business type and click “Get Started”.
- You’ll be redirected to the “Set Up Your PayPal Payment Button” page. Select your business type and click “Next”.
- Select your preferred language and click “Continue”.
- Once on the “Payment Settings” page, select your preferred currency and click “Continue”.
- On the next page, you’ll see your payment settings. Verify the details and click “Save”.
- You’ll be redirected to your “Payment Button” page. You can customize your button by adding a logo and changing the colors.
How Does PayPal for Business Work: Bottom line
If you’re looking to accept payments online, PayPal for Business is an ideal option. The service lets you accept payments, get paid faster, and manage your account from a single dashboard. You can also integrate PayPal with your existing systems and use it to create an engaging customer experience. However, if you’re looking to track your customers, you won’t be able to do so.