Bookkeeping is an essential part of running a business, but also not an aspect in which many business owners have expertise, which leads to lost time on cumbersome, error-prone manual processes. Synder is an accounting automation software that can wipe off these hassles in bookkeeping by automatically performing such redundant and time-consuming tasks, adding efficiencies – you have only one digital platform to orchestrate all your sales platforms (such as Shopify, Amazon, Stripe, PayPal, and many others), reflecting your online payments data with all necessary details (customers, items, taxes, shipping, discounts and so on) in your accounting.
Synder mirrors the actual money flow in your accounting system – having connected Braintree to your Accounting company, all your individual transactions along with all the information they contain will be automatically recorded in the Braintree Bank Account (a Clearing account), categorized and prepared for one-click reconciliation (a serious headache for many accountants and business owners) and as a result, you always have your books prepared for correct reporting and hassle-free tax filing!
Connect your Braintree to Synder and check out how precise, detailed, and easy accounting can be with its help!
Start the Braintree integration from scratch
- Create a free trial account
If you are getting started with Synder you will need to create a free trial account and connect your accounting system (QuickBooks or Xero) to Synder first. Check out this guide if you would like to integrate QuickBooks Online or Xero and this article to connect your QuickBooks Desktop company.
- Set up your Organization
The first step is going through the set-up process of an Organization for your Quickbooks or Xero company – just fill in the information about your business and hit the Next step button.
- Select the platforms you would like to integrate
Now you need to select the platforms you would like to connect to Synder. Mark QuickBooks or Xero, Braintree, and all other sales platforms you would like to integrate with Synder (click View all processors to see the list of all available platforms).
Note: Mark all the services you are using to receive payments, you will be able to connect all of them right away or skip the connection of particular integrations and set them up any time later.
- Connect your accounting platform
Connect your QuickBooks Online or Xero company by clicking on the Connect button and grant permission to the software to record data in your QuickBooks or Xero company. If you are a QuickBooks Desktop user, check out this video tutorial to learn How to connect and sync data into QuickBooks Desktop.
5. Connect your Braintree account
Almost there! To complete the setup you just need to connect your Braintree and other sales platforms to Synder. You can integrate them one by one straight away following the steps on the screen: just hit the Connect button → grant permission to Synder.
You will be prompted to fill in your Merchant ID, Public Key and Private Key so as to let Synder see and synchronize your transactions. Please, follow these quite simple steps below to acquire the details needed from your BrainTree account:
- Navigate to the Braintree settings under the Gear icon in the top-right corner of your Braintree account → choose API.
- Hit “Generate New API Key” → then click ‘View’ for newly generated Key;
3) Copy all three (Public Key, Private Key, Merchant ID) from Braintree and paste to the corresponding Synder fields.
Alternatively, you can skip the connection for other additional payment processors and set them up later in the Settings: tap the Settings button on the left side menu → hit the Add payment platform button.
Note: You can find our detailed guides on how to connect your sales channels and payment providers to QuickBooks Online/Xero via Synder in our Help center.
6. Set up the Braintree integration
To complete the setup for the Braintree integration choose an account for payouts (usually, your Checking account) that will allow smooth reconciliation of your Braintree transactions in one click. Hit Continue to finish the configuration.
Connect Braintree to an already existing account
If you already have a Synder account and would like to integrate one more Braintree account follow the steps below:
- Switch to the needed Organization in the top-left corner of the Synder page.
- Navigate to Settings on the left-side menu.
- In the Payment platforms section and click Add payment platform.
4. Choose Braintree in the dropdown menu and hit the Connect button. You will be prompted to fill in your Business ID, API Username, and API password so as to let Synder see and synchronize your transactions (check Step 5. Connect your Braintree account above to learn how to find them in Braintree).
5. To complete the setup for the Braintree integration choose an account for payouts (usually, your Checking account) that will allow smooth reconciliation of your Braintree transactions in one click. Hit Continue to finish the configuration.
Tips and tricks on the Braintree integration
Note 1. Synder allows for smooth and easy reconciliation of synced data in one click. Once you receive payments from your clients – money first goes to your Braintree, accumulates there and is transferred into your bank account. Synder mirrors real money flow in your accounting by recording sales and expenses in the Clearing account (Braintree Bank account in your books) and payouts into your Checking account. So all you need to do for reconciliation is to open the Banking section in your QuickBooks or Xero and confirm the match.
* Payouts reflect the bulk money transfers from your payment processor or eCommerce to the bank. Payouts synchronization is needed to make the reconciliation process easier for you.
* If the payouts setting is disabled in Synder, you will not see any payouts in the transactions list, and they will not be synchronized to your accounting company.
Note 2. Synder protects your data with two flagship features: duplicate detector and rollback. You can give yourself peace of mind knowing that all the power is in your hands and your accounting is secured.
Note 3. Get familiar with the software in our 3 Must-Watch beginner guides and Features of Synder taking your experience to the next level to find out how Synder can help you automate your bookkeeping.
That’s it, you’ve successfully connected your Braintree account to Synder, enjoy the ride! If you feel like some adjustments are necessary (e.g. you would like to change tax, item or customer configs), you can manage that in Synder settings. Open them on the left menu → hit the Configure button under your Braintree platform. If you need to fill in gaps with missing data after the sync into your QuickBooks Online, like applying classes or locations to transactions, the Smart Rules feature will be of great service. Now, you can customize your Synder according to your needs.
Get in touch with the Synder team via online support chat, phone, or email with any questions you might have so far – we are always happy to help you!