Two what we call “modes” are supported in Synder: Daily summary sync and Per transaction sync.
Daily summary sync – posts 1 summarized Journal Entry per connected platform for the day to reflect your daily activity in your books. So your books stay clean and easy to reconcile and are not overloaded with data if you have thousands of transactions.
Per Transaction sync – posts individual sales receipts/invoices/refunds/fees, so your QuickBooks has all the details possible transferred from the connected integration to your books. So your books have loads of details which makes your accounting provider a good instrument for business reporting and inventory management.
Your business or your client’s needs may change over time and you may need to switch from one mode to another. However, the sync mode is selected once per organization. So in order to change the sync mode, you would simply need to create a new one and connect all the systems to it.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
1) Create a new organization using the drop down on the top left corner in Synder
2) Fill in organization details and connect your platforms to your new organization (learn more here)
Important: select Daily summary mode if you used Per transaction one and vice versa
3) Finish the onboarding and enjoy a new mode!
Tip: to avoid any duplicates we recommend taking a note on the date you have finished synchronization with your previous sync mode, so that starting from the next day you could use your new mode.
4) You can archive your old organization after transferring your subscription to the new one (if any) to keep your account clean. In order to archive an organization:
– click the person icon on the top right corner of Synder-> My organizations
– click the 3 dots action menu for the needed organization -> Archive.
Check out this guide for more details.
Get in touch with the Synder team via online support chat, phone, or email with any questions you might have – we’re always happy to help you!