Accounting professionals recommend reconciling your bank account balance with bookkeeping records at least once a month – in order to identify any discrepancies in time to fix them. Many business owners rarely see a desired zero balance when attempting to perform bank reconciliation, spending countless hours processing their incoming and outgoing transactions in their Pin Payments accounting. That’s where the Synder smart bookkeeping automation solution comes in, auto-recording online payments data with all necessary details, (customers, taxes, items, shipping, discounts, and so on) into your accounting to ensure smooth categorization of Pin Payments transactions, more accurate tax and sales reporting, and easier reconciliation with no need to recheck the records for a mismatch.
Let’s learn how to connect PinPayments to QuickBooks or Xero with the help of Synder.
Start the Pin Payments integration from scratch
- Create a free trial account
If you are getting started with Synder you will need to create a free trial account and connect your accounting system (QuickBooks or Xero) to Synder first. Check out this guide if you would like to integrate QuickBooks Online or Xero and this article to connect your QuickBooks Desktop company.
- Set up your Organization
The first step is going through the set-up process of an Organization for your Quickbooks or Xero company – just fill in the information about your business and hit the Next step button.
- Select the platforms you would like to integrate
Now you need to select the platforms you would like to connect to Synder. Mark QuickBooks or Xero, Pin Payments, and all other sales platforms you would like to integrate with Synder (click View all processors to see the list of all available platforms).
Note: Mark all the services you are using to receive payments, you will be able to connect all of them right away or skip the connection of particular integrations and set them up any time later.
- Connect your accounting platform
Connect your QuickBooks Online or Xero company by clicking on the Connect button and grant permission to the software to record data in your QuickBooks or Xero company. If you are a QuickBooks Desktop user, check out this video tutorial to learn How to connect and sync data into QuickBooks Desktop.
- Connect your Pin Payments account
Almost there! To complete the setup you just need to connect your Pin Payments and other sales platforms to Synder. You can integrate them one by one straight away following the steps on the screen:
- Type in the name of your business.
- Enter the secret API key from your Pin Payments. Click the link Live API key (Secret)* to open the page needed in Pin Payments, copy the live secret key from there and paste it to the app. Find out how to get your Pin Payments API Key.
- Click Connect.
Alternatively, you can skip the connection and set them up later in the Settings: tap the Settings button on the left side menu → hit the Add payment platform button.
Note: You can find our detailed guides on how to connect your sales channels and payment providers to QuickBooks Online/Xero via Synder in our Help center.
- Set up the Pin Payments integration
To complete the setup for the Pin Payments integration choose an account for payouts (usually, your Checking account) that will allow smooth reconciliation of your Pin Payments transactions in one click.
Connect Pin Payments to an already existing account
If you already have a Synder account and would like to integrate PinPayments gateway follow the steps below:
- Switch to the needed Organization in the top-left corner of the Synder page.
- Navigate to Settings on the left-side menu.
- In the Payment platforms section and click Add payment platform.
- Select PinPayments in the dropdown and type the name of your business.
- Enter the secret API key from your Pin Payments. Click the link Live API key (Secret)* to open the page needed in Pin Payments, copy the live secret key from there and paste it to the app. Find out how to get your Pin Payments API Key. Click Connect.
- Choose an account for payouts (usually, your Checking account) that will allow smooth reconciliation of your WooCommerce payments in one click. Hit Continue to finish the configuration.
Tips and tricks on the Pin Payments integration
Note 1. To connect your Pin Payments account to Synder app, you will need to provide your secret live API Key.
Note 2. Billpower may be integrated with Pin Payments payment provider. Synder has a special mechanism to avoid the duplications that might be caused by Billpower integration with Xero.
Note 3. Having the auto-sync mode enabled, all your individual Pin Payments transactions, along with all the information they contain will be automatically recorded in the Pin Payments Bank Account (a Clearing account) and prepared for one-click reconciliation. Once the payout happens, the software creates the transfer from the clearing to your checking account reflecting the actual money flow, keeping your reporting accurate and up-to-date in accounting terms.
Bravo, you have set up the integration between Pin Payments and Synder! If you feel like some adjustments are necessary, you can manage that in Synder settings. Open them on the left menu → hit the Configure button under your Pin Payments platform. If you need to fill in gaps with missing data after the sync into your QuickBooks Online, like applying classes or locations to Pin Payments transactions, the Smart Rules feature will be of great service. Now, you can customize your Synder according to your needs.
Get in touch with the Synder team via online support chat, phone, or email with any questions you might have so far – we are always happy to help you!