Do you have an Etsy store where you wish to make more sales?
Perhaps you’re a creative Etsy shop owner, and you pour your heart and soul into your products, but you don’t yet know how to sell on Etsy successfully. All these other users have unbelievable sales and make you wonder where you lack.
Well, your products are probably amazing as they are. It’s just that you aren’t promoting your Etsy store well enough. And no, we’re not just talking about a couple of posts on social media. If you want your Etsy store to succeed, you need to have a full-blown Etsy marketing strategy.
Well, since you’re here, you’re in luck. Because in this article, we’ll discuss all that you can do to promote your Etsy shop with efficiency and boost your sales funnel.
Wait, you don’t know what a sales funnel is? Let’s start there then!
What is a sales funnel, and why does it matter?
The journey traveled by a potential client as they approach becoming a loyal customer can be represented visually by a sales funnel. The metaphor references actual funnels, since a sales funnel looks like an inverted triangle and is comparable to them.
Sales or marketing funnel models may differ, but a common one consists of four stages: awareness, consideration, conversion, and loyalty.
The customer awareness stage (that often originates from traffic on websites and mobile apps) is at the top, and the purchase or conversion stage occurs more towards the bottom. Since the funnel is inverted, the top is the broadest, and the bottom is the narrowest, reflecting the volume of the traffic in each portion of the funnel.
The sales funnel, which is often used by marketing and sales teams, aids businesses in understanding and visualizing their customer journey and tracking overall conversion performance at each stage.
Every stage can be treated as a micro-conversion that can be worked on to boost the final conversions; if one of these stages shows a drop-off rate larger than acceptable, it can be separately examined to see what’s wrong. You can also try for potential fixes.
Why is it important to promote your Etsy store?
Implementing a sales funnel can be the best thing for your Etsy shop. You can locate prospective customers, guide them through the process of making a purchase decision, and convert them into paying customers using an effective sales and marketing funnel aimed at the appropriate buyer profiles.
When you have a well-planned sales funnel for your Etsy shop, you don’t need to be concerned about where the following sale will come from. It continuously sends customers your way on autopilot. A sales funnel leverages several platforms to have customers land on your shop – not just from Etsy but beyond.
Seven ways how to promote your Etsy shop
Once you know how to start an Etsy shop and create product listings, you need to attract customers to find success. Here’s how you can attract more customers to your Etsy shop without hustling to make sales constantly.
Create your Etsy marketing strategy
Forming an effective sales funnel starts with creating a marketing strategy. It’s important to understand that your marketing strategy will be an ongoing project through this journey as there’s no fool-proof marketing strategy; however, you’ll always learn ways to do it better.
Here are a few steps to creating a strong marketing strategy for Etsy:
- Understand the industry, including your market of customers, competition, and niche.
- Know your target audience by listing down the qualities of your perfect customer and creating buyer personas. Qualities such as age, location, interests, problems, etc., can help you determine how to market your Etsy shop to them.
- Consider the perfect buyer and adapt your shop to their exact needs. Doing this lets you determine your Etsy and social media audience and prepare for long-term success.
- Think as a buyer to understand what your target audience wants. This can help you write up titles and descriptions that call for them.
- Leverage Etsy SEO to increase the visibility of your Etsy store products in search engines.
- Plan your social media strategy to organize planning and posting schedules. An effective marketing strategy also includes leveraging Etsy SEO, planning your social media strategy, and looking into sales automation tools to optimize parts of the process. With the right preparation, you can attract more of your target audience to your Etsy store.
Make sure your Etsy shop is well-optimized
By optimizing your Etsy store and products for Etsy Search, you’re making sure that people can discover them. You have significant power over many aspects that affect Etsy’s search ranking. Here’s a summary of some excellent practices to increase your chances of having your products match customers’ queries and elevate your position in the results:
- Titles with keywords
Although the word order in the title won’t directly affect search ranking, placing your most crucial keyword upfront may lead to more clicks and purchases, eventually enhancing your search rating.
- High-quality pictures
Ninety percent of Etsy shoppers focus on picture quality to make a purchase decision. Your images should make it easy for customers to see your product in their lives.
- A good “about” section
Customers may get a behind-the-scenes peek at your Etsy shop by including an About section. Additionally, it may raise your market and customer experience score, which might impact your search engine ranking.
- Clear policies
Customers know what to anticipate from Etsy sellers when your shop regulations are clear. Store policies improve search placement, and Etsy shop policies templates can provide extra benefits.
- Use tags
Each tag you apply to a listing increases the likelihood that it’ll appear in a customer’s search. You must add all 13 tags to every listing since unutilized tags are lost chances.
- Use categories
Adding more precise categories increases the likelihood of people finding your products on Etsy since categories function similarly to tags.
- Offer free shipping
On the app, where millions of the most active buyers are browsing, Etsy sellers who provide a US free shipping assurance are given preferential search placement.
- Add attributes
The attributes of listings serve as tags and may aid in a customer’s search for your item. Specific aspects of your listing are described by its attributes, which include its main color, secondary color, occasion to use, holiday, and height and breadth.
Advertise products with Etsy Ads
By guaranteeing that your product appears at the top of pertinent Etsy search engine results, Etsy’s paid promotion increases the exposure of your item and business when you advertise a product.
It uses pay-per-click advertising, and the term “ad” will appear beside your goods in search results. Since customers are interested in what you offer, they shouldn’t care about the “ad” part.
It’s worthwhile to give Etsy’s paid advertising options some thought, particularly if you don’t currently have many customer reviews.
Your future organic search result rankings will be improved if you urge your new consumers to provide reviews after your advertisement has generated sales. Here are some easy strategies for promoting on Etsy with ads:
- Use the Etsy ads tool for sales campaigns since the customer is more likely to convert.
- Ensure the expense doesn’t exceed the revenue.
- Advertise your bestsellers first, followed by the mid-range products.
- Check results often, particularly at first, and disable the advertised listings that aren’t selling.
Promote listings with Off-site Ads
Off-site ads are commercial advertisements that Etsy posts on sellers’ behalf on domains operated by other companies, like Facebook, Google, and others.
Due to the fact that the Etsy team oversees the ads, you don’t need to worry about any management issues. You just have to pay a small portion of the transaction whenever somebody clicks on the ads that feature your products and buys them from your Etsy store.
Now the question is: should you promote your Etsy shop using off-site ads? Using Etsy ads would be wise if you need to increase traffic and sales since they don’t need any upfront investment. The following are some primary reasons for thinking about using Etsy off-site ads:
- Off-site ads are a fantastic method to increase traffic and revenue to your Etsy store from users outside Etsy.
- The Etsy team manages off-site ads, which will provide the greatest results.
- You don’t have to pay upfront. Just compensate them with a tiny portion of the retail price whenever a customer buys something from your store after clicking on the ads.
Use social media marketing to promote your Etsy shop
Nowadays, who isn’t using Instagram or Facebook? Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter are wonderful places to promote your amazing product images. If done right, they’ll greatly boost your sales on your Etsy shop.
However, many Etsy sellers make the error of using social media channels as a tool for increasing sales and relying only on putting up images of products to have more sales and generate revenue. Keep in mind that nobody wants to see posts of your store’s products every day. People seldom use their social media accounts for shopping.
Along with displaying your goods, you may use this to demonstrate how you create or support your products. Who wouldn’t want to witness the potter who created their best coffee cup at the wheel, working with brand-new clay?
You may also publish useful material to others and link to it from your Etsy shop. For instance, offering style advice is a good idea for Etsy sellers who sell custom hoodies or other types of clothes. Here are a few things to keep in mind to promote your Etsy shop on social media:
- Use high-quality images and videos when you post.
- Post regularly to beat the algorithm.
- Use relevant hashtags to help your audience find you with ease.
- Respond to comments and activities of your clients.
- Repost and share what your customers post about you.
- Hold giveaways to motivate engagement on your social media account like Threads to get new followers.
- Add a link to your digital business card in your bio. You can create one using the right digital card software.
Regularly repost your Etsy listings
Beyond relevancy, one of the key elements affecting the SEO results of an Etsy listing is the product’s listing date. New products are pushed to the top of search results by Etsy. Because of this, you should often repost your goods so that Etsy’s search engine will consider them to be fresh products.
Etsy is aware of the game and has decided to play along rather than attempt to stop the clever small companies from exploiting the system. Etsy’s auto-renew function costs $0.20 for each item that is scheduled to be pushed up.
If you repost your bestsellers each day for an entire year, each advertised product will cost you $73. If overall promotion profit is more than that figure, your marketing strategies are functioning, and you’re establishing a clientele.
Encourage word-of-mouth advertising
A personal referral remains one of the best and most effective techniques to attract new clients. You may use several rewards to persuade your current customers to share positive things about your Etsy store on their social media accounts. Some of these are:
- Send a thank-you message and include a polite request for a review.
- Implement a referral program that provides discounts to current clients who recommend you to new clients.
- Organize competitions where participants can post your product or advertisement on their social media pages and become eligible to win a prize.
- Request that loyal repeat customers with large social media followings serve as brand ambassadors for your company.
- Respond to social media postings with comments when clients showcase your product and acknowledge your Etsy shop.
Promoting your Etsy shop: final thoughts
Employing the clever marketing strategies outlined above can help your Etsy shop get all the attention it needs to skyrocket your sales funnel and build the revenue you want. Whether your Etsy shop supplements your brick-and-mortar operation, acts as a side gig, or is your full-time job, keep in mind that nothing occurs overnight.
Pace yourself, go slowly and steadily, show your Etsy store and your creation a lot of love, and stay on producing! Following this post, you’re equipped with the resources you require to begin and excel in Etsy marketing.