Error: Sales Receipt can not be synchronized without Customer
Error: Invoice can not be synchronized without Customer
Error: Payment can not be synchronized without Customer
What It Means
Synder did not manage to create/find a customer name needed in your accounting company, which is why the transaction for this customer cannot be created.
- The connection with QuickBooks/Xero was interrupted, which is why Synder was not able to find the needed customer name.
- Special characters used in the customer’s name (.,-&:’ etc.). QuickBooks doesn’t allow apps to search by those characters, which leads to inability to “see” or create customer needed. As a result Synder is unable to record a transaction for this customer. It happens due to QuickBooks API limitation (for apps), manually you can create a name with any special character.
How To Fix It
Reason A. The connection with QuickBooks/Xero was interrupted.
- Reconnect your QuickBooks/Xero company
- Go back to the Transactions list, select the failed transaction and click Sync to sync it again.
Reason B. Special characters used in the customer’s name
- Open the customer specified in the transaction in your payment processor and change the customer name not to have a special character. This will allow Synder to synchronize all further transactions for this customer.
- For the transaction that has already failed you can select a Generic Customer going to Settings on the left menu of the page – – > Configure button under the payment platform needed.
3. Sales tab -> Apply Default Customer -> ON, select the customer you want (make sure it doesn’t have special characters).
4. Click Update to save your settings
5. Select the failed transaction and click Sync.
6. Disable Default Customer in Settings to allow the app to transfer over individual customer names. If it remains enabled each sales transaction will be synchronized with the Default Customer.
If the issue persists, please contact our support team. We’ll do our best to solve your problem!