Error: Bank account is not configured for X currency. Click on Gear icon -> Sales to configure it.
Error: Invalid payout accounts currencies. Check payout accounts in Company Settings -> Payouts.
What It Means
Synder says that the Bank type account you have specified in Settings cannot accept payments in the currency of the failed transaction due to the rules of your accounting system (QuickBooks/Xero).
A. Your QuickBooks or Xero company might not have multicurrency enabled.
B. You haven’t configured Synder properly to handle multicurrency.
How To Fix It
Reason A. Your QuickBooks or Xero company might not have multicurrency enabled
- Make sure that you have multicurrency enabled in your QuickBooks/Xero. For QuickBooks, learn how to enable it here. For Xero, learn how to enable it here.
Note: Once you have multicurrency enabled in QuickBooks, you won’t be able to turn it off, so we recommend asking your accountant beforehand.
- Make sure multicurrency is set up correctly in Synder and sync the failed transaction again.
Reason B. You haven’t configured Synder properly to handle multicurrency
- Click Gear.
- Go to Sales and check that you have the right Bank type account (e.g., Stripe Bank account) selected (single one or separate accounts for each currency).
- Repeat step 2 with Fees, Application Fees, and Expenses (PayPal only).
- Finally, go to Payouts and make sure that you have specified your Checking account there.
Note: setup of Synder should reflect the setup of your bank accounts in real life. If you have all currencies converted and paid out in one currency to a single account, select only one checking account in Synder, if you have payouts going into separate bank accounts for each currency, select separate checking accounts in Synder.
For more information, please refer to this guide on how to sync transactions in multiple currencies.
If the issue persists, please contact our support team. We’ll do our best to solve your problem!