Error: Deposit can not be synchronized without Vendor
Error: Expense can not be synchronized without Vendor
What It Means
Synder was not able to create/find a vendor in your accounting company, which is why the transaction for this vendor cannot be created.
- The connection with QuickBooks/Xero was interrupted.
- Special characters used in the vendor’s name (.,-&:’ etc.). QuickBooks doesn’t allow apps to search by those characters, which leads to inability to “see” or create product/service needed. As a result Synder is unable to record a transaction with this product. It happens due to QuickBooks API limitation (for apps), manually you can create a name with any special character.
How To Fix It
Reason A. The connection with QuickBooks/Xero was interrupted.
1. Reconnect your QuickBooks/Xero company
Select the Organization needed at the top right of the page – – > go to the Settings tab on the left menu – – > click on the Reconnect button under your accounting system.
2. Go back to the Transactions list, select the failed transaction and click Sync to sync it again.
Reason B. Special characters used in the vendor’s name
- Open the vendor specified in the transaction in your payment processor and change it not to have a special character. This will allow Synder to synchronize all further transactions for this vendor.
- For transactions that have already failed you can select a Generic Vendor going to Settings on the left menu of the page – – > Configure button under the payment platform needed.
3. Expenses tab – – > Generic Vendor – – > ON, select the vendor you want (make sure it doesn’t have special characters).
4. Click Update to save your settings
5. Select the failed transaction and click Sync.
6. Disable Generic Vendor in Settings to allow the app to transfer over individual vendor names. If it remains enabled each expense will be synchronized with Generic Vendor.
If the issue persists, please contact our support team. We’ll do our best to solve your problem!