What It Means
This error sometimes occurs with PayPal transactions when permissions are set incorrectly in your PayPal account, e.g. because the credentials you submitted are incorrect or invalid.
- You have used sandbox PayPal account credentials for the transaction instead of the live one. It may happen if you use PayPal as a gateway in an e-commerce platform that allows you to switch to test mode on the go.
- Your shopping cart configuration may be restricting applications such as Synder from knowing the primary email address on the PayPal account for which they’re making the API call.
- You have changed your PayPal credentials and didn’t update them in Synder.
- Your PayPal account is locked or inactive.
- Your PayPal account is restricted.
How To Fix It
If a transaction made in test mode ends up in Synder, you can just archive it. At any rate, it doesn’t affect your actual accounting.
Please check the configuration of your PayPal integration and grant the necessary permissions (you may try to enable the permissions one by one to see if they’re enough).
Disconnect PayPal from Synder and then connect it again. Resync the failed transaction.
PayPal accounts can be locked if you haven’t provided PayPal with all the required information. Please unlock/activate your account by providing all the information PayPal requires, and then go back to Synder and resync the transaction.
If your PayPal account is restricted, you need to go to the Resolution Center and complete the steps listed there to remove the restrictions.
If the issue persists, please contact our support team. We’ll do our best to solve your problem!