Synder – is a smart finance management tool. You will be able to synchronize data between payment/e-commerce platforms (Stripe/PayPal/Square/Shopify etc) on the one hand and your accounting (QuickBooks/Xero) on the other hand. You can also manage accounts receivable with Synder.
To sync your employee list to/from your accounting platforms (Xero/QuickBooks) you can use Gusto Synder integration.
Note: Customers who join Gusto from Synder will receive Gusto free for their first 3 months.
Connect Gusto to Synder and to the accounting platform:
1) Sign in to Synder
2) Connect your accounting system, if it is not connected yet
a) Click the plus sign on the top right corner in Synder -> Connect the QuickBooks/Xero company
b) Click “Connect to …” and enter your accounting system credentials to allow the connection, click Connect.
3) Go to the Payroll tab on the left side menu in Synder
4) Connect/Create Gusto account
a) Click “Sign up for Gusto” to create your account with a free 3 months access or click “Connect Gusto” if you already have one
b) Enter your Gusto credentials and Authorize the connection
That is it, now the connection is completed and you should be able to see the list of your Gusto and QuickBooks/Xero employees.
Synchronize employee list to/from Gusto from/to QuickBooks/Xero with Synder:
1. You are able to see the list of your Gusto and accounting system employees. Create a mapping for them
a) Select one of the possible options for each employee:
– Add to the system;
– Ignore in the system;
– Map to already existing employee.
Keep in mind that the app can do the synchronization both ways, if needed.
2. Click Save&Sync button at the bottom of the page and the app will instantly synchronizе all the employees according to the mapping you have set.
Tips for a successful employees sync:
1. Double check your mapping to make sure it is correct for both Gusto and your accounting system
2. If you have selected the Ignore option, but don’t want to add this employee now, just change the mapping for this employee and click the Save&Sync button again. The app will not create duplicates for previously mapped records
3. To disconnect Synder from Gusto click on the Disconnect option on the top of the Payroll page.
Possible errors and fixes:
- ‘You have to connect your accounting company to start using the payroll feature.’ – please click on the Plus sign -> Add Xero/QuickBooks company on the top of the Synder page and connect your accounting system.
- ‘If you have already linked the company, please reload the page or reconnect the company. If the problem persists please contact our support team.’ – please reload the page to be able to access the payroll page, if the accounting company is already connected.
- ‘There are no employees in your current payroll company.’ – please create at least one employee in your Gusto company and repeat the action.
- ‘There are no employees in your current accounting company.’ – please create at least one employee in your QuickBooks/Xero company and repeat your action.
Still need help?
Contact the Synder support team via [email protected], the Synder in-app chat, or by phone at (469) 429-78-91.