Error: Tax Code was not found in your company. Please, create it in QuickBooks Online and Sync this transaction again
Error: Sales Receipt can not be synchronized without Tax Code
Error: Invoice can not be synchronized without Tax Code
What It Means
Synder calculates the tax rate based on transaction total and tax amount coming from your payment processor. Then it compares this tax rate against the tax codes sitting in your accounting company. If there is no tax code in your accounting company with the rate that matches the calculated tax rate, you get this error.
You do not have the tax code of the given rate in your accounting company.
How To Fix It
Create missing tax code with rate needed:
- Create the tax code with the required rate in your QuickBooks/Xero (please make sure there is a real need to do so).
- Resync the failed transaction.
Synchronize transaction with default tax code:
- Click the gear icon on the top right corner of Synder app -> Taxes tab.
- Select Default tax code, now it will be used any time when the rate needed is missing.
- Click Update on the bottom of the page to save you settings.
- Synchronize the failed transaction again.
Note: from now on every transaction with a tax rate which doesn’t exist in your accounting company will go through with the selected default tax code.
For more information on how Synder handles taxes, please refer to our guide How to Apply Taxes to Any Sales Transactions in Synder.
If the issue persists, please contact our support team. We’ll do our best to solve your problem!